Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Give Thanks

 




 I'm remembering today to be grateful for all the blessings in my life. Traffic was just awful this morning, and people seem to be ruder than ever this year. I'm trying my best to smile through it and remember my happiness doesn't depend on them but on me. I'm making it a goal to not get irritated by Holiday craziness this year my mother did a great job of spreading Christmas Cheer when I was younger I remember being in awe of her and her ability to let little things roll off her back, I learned from her that Christmas craziness wasn't a reason to let my spirits die and I hope I teach the same lesson to our sweet girl :)

   I have so much to be thankful for this year:

 Wonderful doctors who've helped give my mom another year of Holiday celebrations with us.

Family who although drive me crazy are mine and I wouldn't trade them for anything.

Mr. A my wonderful thoughtful caring husband who daily I look at and wonder how I got so lucky. I cannot wait to see him become a daddy :)

Amazing people I'm blessed to call friends

a church home where we are not judged for who we are but accepted: broken, bruised, tattered, and torn though we may be. It is amazing to know that no matter what struggles we face the bonds we've created in our church home will be there to support us through it.

a home of our own to spend the Holidays in this year and looking forward to many years to come of watching our sweet baby girl grow up in that home

my relationship with Christ and being secure in the knowledge that I am His child and no one can take that away from me

the sweet baby girl growing inside me who daily reminds me with her playful kicks, and sometimes crazy dance parties, that I am not alone and no longer am I just a woman contemplating my future, but I'm a momma with the chance to leave a legacy by being the Light to my baby girl and teaching her about our Heavenly Father who already loves her so much so that she may also become Light to a broken world.

My little piece of the internet in which I'm free to write my thoughts however often or sporadically I choose it's my place, my private little oasis where I can be alone with my thoughts and whatever comes to my head is what usually goes on the screen :) the wonderful relationships I've formed with so many other bloggers is an added bonus :)

There are so many more things I have to be grateful for but these are just a few. My prayer for myself as well as all of you reading is that you will remember your own gratefulness list when your in the midst of Holiday chaos and it will make you smile regardless of how many times you just got cut off in traffic or how long of a line you have to stand in to get those Holiday purchases made.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Later Alligators....

Mrs. A

9 comments:

Lauren said...

beautiful post...hope you have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Brittney Galloway said...

Great reminder of all that we have to be thankful for!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

:) Drivers have been driving me absolutely crazy lately too, I'll get upset....get back to a good place, breath my way through several annoyances and then someone will do something that just really takes the case and I'll end up screaming again...hah!

That being said, I'm enjoying the beginnings of the holidays so much, I love this time of year! Hope you have a wonderul Thanksgiving!

Lindsay said...

Really great post! We have so very much to be thankful for :) I think us Okies are going to get cooler weather just in time for Thanksgiving - stay warm!!

Callie said...

Great post - it's good to refocus on our blessings sometimes - looks like we were thinking alike today! :-)

Jax said...

Great post and great things to be thankful for this year, girl.. Have a Happy Thanksgiving!

Melanie said...

What wonderful blessings!! I know what you mean about your church family..I feel the same way about mine!! Truely blessed to be surrounded by such loving and caring people! Thankful for my little baby thats growing too! :-)

LeAnna said...

Sooo true! There is very much to be thankful for in life, and being able to raise a future generation is most certainly one of them. Hope ya'll are doing well!

Kristin said...

Hi girl! Thanks for stopping by WP to say hello. It's been too long my friend :-). Btw, I LOVE the name you chose for your little girl. It's just beautiful. Hope you all are well, and are enjoying a peaceful start to your last Christmas season as a family of 2! Hugs, ~Kristin