Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Thanksgiving Tuesday

Have you ever had a week where everything that happens feels like it cuts you into many pieces and that you are constantly being handed your words on a silver platter? Well I am totally having one of those weeks I am learning just how much being a mom can test your patience, and remind you of your own short comings. I have had a trying week with my little girl and the funny thing is I can see myself in everything she's done recently. There's nothing like the actions of your child to make you realize your own shortcomings. My child is not a bad kid but she is definitely testing her boundaries this week and well frankly I'm feeling like I don't know how to deal with it.

 I am so thankful for the amazing women in my life that I lean on as my mommy mentors they have helped me walk through this more than they will ever know. I only hope someday to be the encouragement to a new mom that I have had from my mentors! Without these women in my life I am certain I would've broke down over a motherhood issue many many times. Thankfully the times I have had breakdowns these wonderful amazing women have been there to pick me up and dust me off and tell me to keep going. I can't tell you how many times I've called one of them crying and saying I've totally screwed up my kid only for them to remind me that kids are resilient and we are learning right along with them. I often forget that as a new mom I'm allowed to make mistakes I am human I am NOT supermom no matter how many times I try to convince myself that I am I always ALWAYS fall short!

In a world full of women who seem to be at war with each other over mommy issues I am so blessed to have these amazing women not judging me but teaching me and walking beside me! They exemplify the Titus 2 woman and they are some of my dearest friends! I hope I never forget how lucky I am!


Later Alligators...

Mrs. A

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Praying for you momma!! Those trying times we have with little ones definately does test our patience..but like you said..it is all a learning process..not just for them but for us as well!! Kids can teach us alot about ourselves..but they are such a blessing! Hang in there!!