Saturday, May 3, 2014

Easter 2014

Better late than never right.

 We started the day at church CC was supposed to sing with the kids choir and it was to be her first Easter performance. However she cried to be onstage sooner with the big kids therefore missing her own performance.
I was mortified I had the screaming child during the Easter performance :( Looking back I would've just let her get on stage with the big kids instead of pulling her out probably making things worse. It was my first experience with stage performances and my little one. 

 Our little family in our Easter best!

CC with her favorite people! Her Grandparents AKA Grammy & Grumpy as she calls them

and her Aunt Kiss

 Easter 2014 with her friend from church!

 Man my hubs is handsome!







After church we went home and got ready to host Easter dinner and after CC's quiet time she got to see her Easter surprise. She got a sandbox and most of the rest of the day was spent playing in there with her daddy and her Grandpa (AKA Grumpy) as she calls him.

Making Easter dinner. We were prepping fresh green beans.



Then it was time to dye Easter eggs CC was so excited about dying eggs she loved the colors!


 
After dinner we hid eggs and CC hunted them squealing with delight every time she'd find an egg!

 
Easter was such a blessing and I ended the day with my heart so full of joy at seeing CC's excitement over Jesus's Resurrection.
 
She and I played in the sand  a lot this week and my heart soared when as we were singing about the wise man building his house upon the rock and I asked her who the rock is she proudly exclaimed "JESUS"


I was so thrilled with how Easter happened this year. We didn't do anything super special and I let myself off the hook from creating a perfect holiday, and just enjoyed my sweet family and I truly treasured this holiday!


 

1 comment:

Melanie said...

I can't help but smile every time I see a picture of her smiling with those eyes closed..she's so cute! Makayla had the same shoes for her Easter outfit too!