Well I'm a few days late posting this but when I sat down to write it on the first my heart just wasn't in it so I took a few days prayed over my goals and came up with a concrete 5 goals that can all be encompassed in one word I would like to govern my year. That word is serve.
1. Serve my heavenly father through ministry and jump at the first opportunity presented to me.
2. serve my husband by continually cooking at home and building him in up in word and character.
3. serve my family and friends by being more accessible to them and caring more this includes writing handwritten notes just because and making sure to stay in touch with those I love most.
4. serve my spirit by delving deeper in my Bible studies and continually learning more about God's purposes for my life.
5. finally serve those in need by volunteering at least once a month somewhere I'm leaning toward helping out at the food bank but if God presents other opportunities then so be it. In 2009 I made the decision to focus on home and my family more and I still want to continue that but I see no reason why volunteering once a month somewhere should take over my life like I let it do in the past. I'm going to strive for balance this year.
2010 is also the year that the Mr. and I purchase a home we're meeting with a realtor on the 15th of this month to get the ball rolling so wish us luck as we embark into the scary world of real estate.
I wish you all much luck on your 2010 goals and hope that the first work week of 2010 isn't long and horrible. Mr. A and I have planned a date night for Friday night so we have something to look forward to all week.