Monday, February 15, 2010

Sending some bloggy love SWAP Reveal

Good Monday morning friends. Hope you all had fabulous weekends I spent my Valentine's Day at church helping take care of kiddos so the mommies and daddies could go out to dinner and have couple a time. I had a blast playing duck duck goose and red rover. :) Not to worry my sweet husband took me out to dinner the night before and I got to wear my fabulous headband I got from Mrs. Katie!

But wait I'm getting ahead of myself so let's back up. Back in January Katie At Loves of Life decided that she wanted to give all her bloggie land friends a way to send a little Valentine's cheer to fellow bloggers. So she decided to host a swap we all signed up and filled out a little form with our addresses and our favorite things, a couple weeks later we were matched up with a partner to send goodies to in honor of Valentine's Day. :) I squealed with delight when I got Katie the mastermind herself as my swap partner. I had a blast shopping for goodies for her and I hope she enjoyed them all.

That brings us to last Friday when my swap package arrived well actually I'd been told it was sitting in my apartment office since Wednesday but they didn't call me til Friday to come get it. So anyway when I got the call that it was there I raced home on my lunch break to pick it up knowing otherwise I wouldn't be able to get it til today. Well Katie spoiled me let me tell you well actually let me show you. Here's a pic of my goodies after I'd pawed through them I should've taken the picture first because Katie had it situated all cute and I didn't do as good a job but you get the idea and get to see the super cute basket she sent everything in.

IMG_1554

PS I may or may not have already busted open that bag of Reeses hearts :P

Anyway from the package you can see I got a way cute journal that's brown and pink it couldn't have come at a better time as I was getting to the end of my prayer journal and needing a new one so this one is now officially my prayer journal I broke it in with it's first prayers this morning. I actually write out my prayers during my quiet time it helps me stay focused and it's wonderful to go back later and see how God has moved in my life. I also got a cute notepad which I snapped up and toted back to work with me to replace my plain ugly yellow one it makes me smile taking notes for work on such pretty paper. There was also some chapstick and a way cute headband and of course a very sweet card. I was all excited to wear my headband to dinner Friday night with hubs and friends but he convinced me I should save it for church on Sunday so I didn't and then he surprised me with dinner out on Saturday night to celebrate Valentine's and of course I wore my headband. Don't laugh at my mirror pic hubs was taking a shower and couldn't take it for me.

blog swap1

I know it's super duper cute!!

I had so much fun participating in this swap thank you Katie for hosting and for being a fabulous partner :)

I hope if you partcipated too you had a blast and if you didn't maybe you'll consider it next time. Happy belated Valentine's Day.

Later Alligators...

Mrs. A

14 comments:

Katie @ Loves of Life said...

Oh my gosh, that headband DOES look so cute on you!!!

:)

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

Cute! I love headbands. I have one similar to that one. It seems like a lot of people are doing this swap thing and I have no idea what is going on. ha.

~Kathryn

Lindsey said...

The headband looks great on you!

Lyryn said...

What a great little package! How fun! That headband is too cute!

Nicole said...

What a cute package! I love how things come just as you need them =D


Stopping by from Katies Mr Linky =D

Mrs. Moore said...

what a cute idea she had!!
and a cute headband!

KJ said...

What an adorable headband!! You look great in it! I mean how fun is it to get packages!!

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

cute cute cute headband! that's ok i may or may not have ripped open my package of m&m's as soon as i saw them...and yes they were gone by the night...

Jocelyn said...

That headband is super cute! Katie is awesome for organizing these swaps!!!

Lauren said...

That headband looks adorable!

Jax said...

SO CUTE! I love that you got Katie! That's so awesome!!! :)

Llama said...

ADORABLE! What a sweet sweet gift!

Mrs. Moore said...

Mrs. A, thank you for your comment.
I'm back. I'm not writing why on my blog, but I'm back!!

Heather @ Simple Wives said...

Cute headband!