Monday, October 25, 2010

and the verdict is.....

Our extended Anniversary weekend was a blast :)

we started out at the OKC Baron's game on Tuesday night this outing was a surprise planned by my sweet man. The  best part we had seats right on the ice :)


Then we headed out Wednesday afternoon to the ultrasound that we had oh so much fun at staring at our sweet baby, then the hard part came since we weren't telling family until Friday we had to keep our news to ourselves.

Finally Friday came and we were able to tell the world :) we chose to do a cake with the middle tinted the color of our sweet kiddo.






we let the grandmother's to be cut into the cake :)



we had asked our family member's to wear the color of the gender they thought little Baby A was, and the blue way outnumbered the pink.  Surprisingly enough both Grandmothers got it right :)



our baby GIRL will be gracing us with her presence in March. Mr. A and I although surprised as we both thought we were having a boy are over the moon excited to meet our little lady!!

The tinted cake after we devoured it :)



The next day this mommy had a blast shopping at our local craft fair and came home with this adorable little outfit for our Little Lady.





Why yes that is a green tutu  Baby A wouldn't be Baby A if her first outfit didn't have some green in it since it is her mommy's favorite color :)

Saturday evening we had a fellowship outing with our Sunday school class and I wore my pink proudly :)




Mrs. G and I are ecstatic we're both having Baby Girls and just a few months apart. I love this pic of me and my bestie ;)



Later Aligators....

Mrs. A





15 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

YAY! Congratulations! That is so exciting!

d.a.r. said...

Aww sweet little girl!! Grandmas both look very proud :)

Jax said...

YAY! Love it! Congratulations on your sweet little girl! I feel like I've been mia in reading bloggidies for awhile. Trying to resume normalcy.. haha! :)

Michel-lee said...

I love the idea using the cake to tell the gender. Congrats on the beautiful daughter you'll be having soon.

Callie said...

Congrats on your little baby girl! That's exciting! The green tutu is so cute! We're finding out the gender tomorrow - if you think of it, say a prayer that Baby cooperates! I'm terrified we won't be able to tell, and our "gender reveal party" will be the most boring gender reveal party ever, because we won't know . . .

Ashley Paige said...

happy belated anniversary, you two! and SO many congratulations on your baby GIRL! isn't it so wonderful finding out? And referring to HER or HIM instead of IT?! Ahhh, I'm over the moon excited for you! And a little jealous of that tutu.. I don't think Carter would look nearly as cute in it as Baby Girl H!!!! :)

Jocelyn said...

That is a super cute way of telling your family about your GIRL!!! Yea for pink and ruffles and tutus...the one you bought is beyond adorable:-) Congrats!

Lindsay said...

Yeah! Congrats on your precious girl! I love that you and your bestie are due so close together! Did you go to the Affair of the Heart? I love that!!

LeAnna said...

Awww, yay for baby girls! Adorable cake idea!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Ahhh, congratulations! So happy for you, thanks for emailing me, I've been dying to know! Love the cake too, did you make it? I love the little footprints on the top!

Lauren said...

Oh congrats! That outfit is so super cute!

Unknown said...

Just found your blog... I'm 36 weeks and we told our family the same way you did. Wasn't it so much fun?! Congratulations to you!!

Melanie said...

Congrats on the baby girl!!!! Grandma's ALWAYS get the baby gender right for some reason! I love the cake idea too..I plan to do the same thing myself when my time comes as well! ;-)

Ashley said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and thought this was such a cute idea. We didn't find out with our son, but if we do with the next one I might do that! Congrats on your Baby Girl! :)

leah @maritalbless said...

Oh my goodness, I was crying reading this post! So sweet!

I've seen the idea for the middle of the cake before, and VERY fitting for you, but have never seen anyone wear their guess! So cool Ginger!

Congratulations again!