Friday, October 15, 2010

National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Awareness Day

Did you know that October 15 is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day? Many people aren't aware that this day has been designated a national day of remembrance for miscarriage, stillbirth, and infant loss.
The resolution to declare October 15 a remembrance day passed the United States House of Representatives on September 28, 2006. It was the result of tireless efforts by a group of miscarriage awareness activists led by Robyn Bear, who had six first-trimester miscarriages in the span of 1997 through 1999.
In honor of Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day, Bear suggests on her website that grieving parents and those supporting them light a candle at 7 p.m. in their respective time zones to create a wave of light around the world in memory of babies lost to miscarriage and infant loss.




These aren't my candles I will photograph them this evening for the women I am supporting including Leah Marie @ Marital Bless, Katie @ Loves of Life, Ashley Paige @ I Love You More Than Carrots, Melanie @, Country Roads, Megan @ In This Wonderful Life and any others I may have forgotten, or who may have been silent about their losses. These women and their strength constantly amaze and inspire me. I encourage you to also light candles this evening for any in your own lives who have gone through such loss and post them on your blogs as a sign of support for all those remembering their losses. To the ladies I am supporting we will never forget your angels.


Love and Strength to you all,

Mrs. A

3 comments:

Melanie said...

Your post today was so moving and nearly brought me to tears. I had no idea they had a day designated to infant loss awareness and I was so suprised and touched that you remembered me and what I went thru just a few short months ago. I know anyone who has experienced a miscarriage would be touched that they were remembered in this light..thanks for bringing it to everyones attention! :-)

Callie said...

Oh my, this made me want to cry! What a sweet gesture, I hadn't even heard about this!

Ashley Paige said...

i've been meaning to get in touch with you for days and days after i saw this post.. i cannot tell you how truly touched i was that you thought of me. you absolutely rock, momma! it made my heart melt a bit. needless to say, i squeezed C just a bit tighter on that day. thank you so much :)