Oh my goodness I knew revealing the gender would bring on the name questions and comments, but I just can't believe the number of people who have a comment on what we should name our baby girl. Mr. A and are non-traditional we don't like to be ordinary and we want our little girl's name to stand out. Here's just a few of the comments I've heard:
1. don't name your daughter after family members unless you want to curse her with their problems
2. you should give her a name that means something to you and Mr. A (edit I really liked this one and we did)
3. don't name her something off the wall or hard to spell
4. you should give her a plain name so she'll fit in once she gets to school age
5. and my personal favorite just don't name her something stupid!
So without further ado our baby girl's name is going to be
Carys is pronounced : (kaw-riss) and is the welsh word for love. Mr. A picked out this name because he has a Welsh background and wanted to honor that.
Kaylenn is pronounced Kay Lynn but spelled the way it is because it is a hybrid of my mother's middle name Kay and my mother in law's middle name Glenn.
So there you have it our little girl officially has a name. When we told our family the name they instantly fell in love with it but in telling other people we've noticed that we get a mixed reaction some people like it and some people think we're crazy. But we love her name and in the end we're the only two that matter.