Thursday, April 28, 2011

Easter 2011 and more blessings!

Hello friends I have been busy grinning my face off the last few days it's been a fabulous week after finding out our wonderful news about sweet baby Carys on Monday!!

Our Easter was a beautiful blessed day. We spent it with family and treasured up the memories of Carys' first Easter in our hearts forever! Let me just say when I called the doctor on Friday to see if we'd gotten Carys' test results and we hadn't I was upset thinking I'd spend my beautiful daughter's first Easter worrying over her instead of enjoying her. I got on my knees with God Friday night and asked him to block all thoughts of test results from my head until after Easter and you know what friends He did just that. I didn't for one second think about test results until I woke up Monday morning.

We started our Easter with 10:30 church service where our sweet girl got lots of love from all the church members. From there we headed back to our house for a delicious rib dinner complete with parmesan green beans, potato salad, fruit salad, and for dessert hummingbird cake made by yours truly the first cake I've made since before Carys was born.

Mr. A and I made Easter baskets for all the neices and nephews and of course made one for our sweet girl. The neices and nephews thoroughly enjoyed them I do believe.

Little Carys looked so sweet in her Easter dress and I cannot wait for Easter's to come for her.

Family Picture Easter 2011


Little Carys and her Easter basket with a few books, a bib, a lamb that played Jesus Loves Me and her first Bible.

Sweet girl in her Easter Best

Ok mom I'm about done taking pictures!

Ok NOW I'm really done! No More pictures please!!

her little lamb was almost as big as she is.

Carys and her cousin JT who is one month older to the day than she is :)


Oh and remember that perma grin that won't go away well it could also have something to do with the fact that tomorrow is my last day of full time employment!! I get to stay home with my girl although I'll be working part time teaching more cake decorating classes but no more 8-5 days! Yay! This momma's heart is rejoicing! We'll probably re-visit me working when Carys gets a little older but at least for a while I'll get to be with her. I am beyond thrilled and I thank God daily for this opportunity. Our God is AWESOME and he works in mysterious ways!! 


Later Alligators....

Mrs. A



PS for your enjoyment:
Hummingbird Cake Recipe

Ingredients


3 cups all-purpose flour

1 teaspoon baking soda

1 teaspoon salt

2 cups sugar

1 teaspoon ground cinnamon

3 large eggs, beaten

1 cup vegetable oil

1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

1 (8-ounce) can crushed pineapple, undrained

1 cup chopped pecans

2 cups chopped bananas

Cream Cheese Frosting

1/2 cup chopped pecans



Preparation

Combine first 5 ingredients in a large bowl; add eggs and oil, stirring until dry ingredients are moistened. (Do not beat.) Stir in vanilla, pineapple, 1 cup pecans, and bananas.

Pour batter into three greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans. Bake at 350° for 25 to 30 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pans on wire racks 10 minutes; remove from pans, and cool completely on wire racks.

Spread Cream Cheese Frosting between layers and on top and sides of cake; sprinkle 1/2 cup chopped pecans on top. Store in refrigerator.

Ultimate Southern Living Cookbook, Southern Living

JANUARY 1999

5 comments:

Mrs. Lukie said...

Oh what a wonderful post, full of great things! I'm so glad you enjoyed your first Easter as a family of 3, and you look great! Carys' dress was just adorable, and she's the cutest thing ever :)

I am beyond thrilled for you to be staying home with your baby girl! What a huge blessing for your family!

the workaholic momma said...

Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and leaving some love:) Your little girl is adorable and it looks like you had a wonderful Easter - I love all of the pictures:)

Lindsay said...

I meant to post the other day about how thrilled I am that your sweetie pie is just fine - what a blessing! And congratulations on you being able to stay home! I am able to stay home too and truly do realize what a privilege it is since not everyone is able to do that! Enjoy your time with her (as I know you will)! Yeah :)

Melanie said...

Thats such great news you can stay at home with Carys now!!!! Loved your post and you guys make such a cute family of 3! Loved little Carys Easter dress..she's such a cutie!!

Ashley S. said...

Congratulations on the test results! Isn't God so wonderful! I am so that you and your family were able to enjoy a wonderful Easter together. Your little one looks so sweet in her Easter dress! I love it!

P.S. That is great news about getting to stay at home. What a huge blessing! It is a sacrifice and everyday my husband and I juggle our finances so I can do it, but you know, it is so worth it. I have cherished every moment I get to have with my girl and I know you will too.