Thursday, February 5, 2009

I'm such a horrible blogger

Dear Friends forgive me this week has been long and I can't say enough times


"thank God tomorrow is Friday"

hopefully I have those pictures as promised tomorrow.


But for now a short "What's Going On In my mind" Post.


My Favorite Hymn of all time is "Victory In Jesus"

Not sure why it just is I love the rhythms and the words so beautiful.

Anyway I awoke singing this hymn this morning and I kept singing one line over and over again.

"and then I cried dear Jesus, come & heal my broken spirit and some sweet day I'll sing up there the song of victory"

I have no idea why I woke up with this song in my head I haven't heard it in months but I can't help but think that my sweet Heavenly Father was telling me it's ok to cry out to Him when I don't understand something or I am feeling hurt.

Sometimes I feel like I have to be the ice queen and not show emotions at all but I know that's not the truth I should be free to cry out to my Jesus in pain, in happiness, in sorrow and in triumph.

Dear Heavenly Father,

I am so thankful you are always there to lend a listening ear no matter the turmoil I may be facing or victories I may be celebrating. I ask that you give me a hunger and a desire to come to you each day with my joys and my pains and to help me understand it's ok to cry on your shoulder when I need to.

Amen

3 comments:

Lindsey said...

What a beautiful post and sooo true!

leah @maritalbless said...

Most every single day I wake up with a song in my head, sometimes I know why, other times I just take it as a blessing. :)

Elizabeth said...

That is so true! And I am glad tomorrow is Friday too!!