Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Linking up to Tea on Tuesday

Christi over at grey umbrella has a great blog party going on every Tuesday called Tea on Tuesdays and I thought this week I have so much to share I thought I'd participate. So come on in excuse the mess our house in right now prepping for a baby is messy. But you're still welcome here.


I'm so glad you could come for tea and fellowship since you're here let's settle in for a nice visit.

I'd start off by telling you I'm so excited because Sunday afternoon my very best friend gave birth to her precious baby girl. Mr. A and I got to meet her last night and she is the most beautiful thing. It's probably no surprise to you that the birth of my besties baby makes me that much more anxious to meet my own sweet baby girl and I can't believe I'm the only pregnant one now for so long it was me and Mrs. G  and now it's just little ole me.

I'd also tell you that the closer we get to meeting our sweet girl the more excited and nervous I get. I'd tell you I'm nervous for delivery but am really considering natural childbirth. I know you probably think I'm crazy most people do. I'd tell you I am so nervous about being a good mom I am so nervous about not knowing what to expect and this planner type A personality type is having a hard time with not knowing the exact moment she will arrive.

I'd ask for your prayers as I struggle through some difficult stresses in my life that just don't need to be there. I'm worrying about how some things will go after our baby is born and it's causing some stress between Mr. A and I. I know ultimately God is in control and maybe this is a sign from Him that something needs to change but change is hard and I'm not sure of my path at this moment in time but I am trusting God and being faithful in His goodness knowing He will take care of me and my family.

I'd tell you that we just need to finish painting the baby's nursery and then we can assemble furniture and the room will really start to feel like a baby is going to live there soon. I'd tell you sometimes when I get home from work before Mr. A does I just go sit in her room and day dream about her I dream of rocking her to sleep in the corner by the window and laying her down to dream in her crib. I dream of who she'll look like, whose personality traits she'll get, I dream of seeing her fall head over heels for her daddy and for him to do the same, I dream of what kind of personality she'll have and how she'll come to know the Lord.

I'd tell you to please keep a dear friend of mine in your prayers he had bought a ring and was ready to propose to his longtime girlfriend over Christmas only to hear rumors that she'd cheated on him. I'd ask you to give him wisdom to know if the rumors are true or maybe just the dark side trying to take away his happiness.

I'm so glad we took the time to chat today and I hope you'll join Christi or leave me a comment let me know what you'd like to chat about. 

Until next time.


Mrs. A 


9 comments:

Callie said...

I enjoyed reading this post! Sounds like you're mind is full of all things baby, just like mine is.
:-)

Christi said...

It was so great to meet for tea today. I can't say I understand the struggles you are going through, but I can say all those conversations, as hard as they are for wife and husband, will continue to open up the lines of communication. I pray that you continue to rely on our Father and His plan. He may take his time in showing it to you but it is there. And be confident in the decisions you make for I know that you and Mr. A don't make them without prayer and forethought. If I lived close, I'd plan to come and finish painting Miss Sweet Littles room on Saturday and send you to get a pedicure. Mr. R would come over and help Mr. A assemble the furniture so all you have to do is come home with beautiful toes, relaxed and add the best parts. I love that you spend time in her nursery now, before she is here. Ya'll are going to be amazing parents. I'm keeping your friend in my prayers.

See you next week. Same time, same place!

http://www.greyumbrella.com

Megan said...

Awwww, love this post! So glad I stumbled onto your blog! I will definitely be praying for your friend who is going through some heartbreak!

LeAnna said...

This was cute! I remember the nervous excitement of impending labor. It's amazing. I have total faith that you can do it natural, but just remember it's okay if you don't, too. :)

As for worrying about situations that haven't even happened. I'm so all over that...I worried about how I was going to handle certain in-laws and the baby, and how I was/wasn't going to do this or that when it came to Hubby's parents...and I stressed about their views being pushed on us, and on and on. Thankfully God knew all of that, and though it took some adjusting, I didn't have to stand upon a soapbox and give speeches like I thought I would. We drew a line in the sand, and that's been that...thankfully.

It'll all work out!

So many babies being born now, and soon. I have many friends pregnant and due this spring/summer- it's crazy, even though my girl is only 3 months old I miss a babe growing in my womb...

Lindsey said...

Loved this post!

Just Add Walter said...

hey, I mentioned you today in my blog post!! Just wanted to let you know! Hope you had a great weekend!!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

Sounds like you've got a lot going on! I'm praying for you dear! Its so hard to not worry about the future and not want to plan it all but God is the ultimate planner and we just have to continually commit to trusting in His plan. Much easier said then done I know...

Lindsay said...

This is a really neat post idea :) I'm excited for you with you new bundle of joy coming!

Megan said...

I wanted to reply back to a comment that you left on my blog, but your email is not set up with your account! BOO! You should fix that!! Please?? : )