Monday, December 26, 2011

Merry & Bright

Christmas 2011 was a bittersweet day for me as it's probably the last I'll have with my mama see we've stopped all chemo because her body stopped responding to it so she's staying as comfortable as possible and letting the cancer take it's course. It's hard to watch but I know it's what is best. It was also however the best day because it was my first time to experience Christmas as a mama, my sweet baby girl enjoyed her day immensely even if she was more interested in the wrapping paper and boxes than the actual gifts :).

Hope your Christmas Holiday was MERRY & BRIGHT!


checking out the tree Christmas morning.

ready for Christmas Eve Service with mom and dad.


probably the last picture I'll ever have of Carys with my mom bittersweet moment.

playing with Christmas lights. (mommy note:this is a staged photo I don't let my child just play with electrical lights).

with Grandma A on Christmas Day.

she tried eating all her presents 

with daddy at Grandpa's church for Christmas morning service

and our joy filled mantel with 3 stockings such a blessing to take this photograph and being a family of 3 this Christmas!


I am immensely blessed and had a beautiful day gifts were given and I got some lovely things but my favorite gift was the treasured moments of being mommy for the first time at Christmas :)

May 2012 bring many blessings to all!

Later Alligators...

Mrs. A

5 comments:

Melanie said...

Wonderful pictures! Your little girl is a doll..love that head full of red hair! So sad about your mom..prayers to her and your family.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

Thinking of your family during this bittersweet time. Your daughter is precious!

Lindsay said...

Your daughter is sooo cute! Love the pictures. I'm sorry to hear about your mom's battle. Hugs sent your way :)

Callie said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your mom. The pictures of Carys are adorable! Praying for you guys and your mom today.

Danielle Taylor said...

Your daughter is such a cutie! I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. Prayers and hugs for y'all.