Friday, April 9, 2010

FRIDAY!!

First off thank you all so much for your sweet comments yesterday while you all see pretty cakes I see every flaw in each one. I'm going to be making a display cake soon and I promise to post pictures of the process. Also some were asking about fondant and I thought I'd share the marshmallow fondant recipe. So here it is for your enjoyment. This is my cake instructor's recipe and it is awesome to work with.



Marshmallow Fondant
16 oz (1 pkg) mini marshmallows
2 Tablespoons water
2 lbs (8 cups) confectioners sugar
* optional 1/8 Teaspoon candy flavoring and decrease the water by 1/8 Teaspoon.

Microwave the marshmallows and water for 20 seconds or until it is soupy. At your option add flavoring and mix. Add the sugar until most of the sugar is incorporated and it is no longer sticky. Take it out of the bowl and knead with spoons or your hands (if not hot) until soft (will take 5 - 7 minutes). Keep covered with plastic wrap or it will dry out.

2 comments:

Brittney Galloway said...

Thanks for sharing this recipe!

Alissa said...

That recipe sounds delish, and I just saw your cakes and they are beautiful my dear!