Monday, April 19, 2010

Weekend Recap

Our weekend was jam packed but full of fun.

Friday evening we played it low key we had plans to work in the yard but it was raining so Mr. A worked on some writing and I started sorting through the mass of instructor manuals that have taken over my coffee table as I prepare to start teaching cake decorating classes in May. My schedule is officially on the calendar and I am so excited!!

Saturday was also rainy but we didn't let that stop us from attending a BBQ Festival in Oklahoma City with our friends Mr. and Mrs. S we had a blast although I was freezing the whole time. We all agreed we wanted to attend another one of these events when it wasn't raining. Afterwards we helped Mr. and Mrs. S move a hutch to their house it had been offered to me free of charge but I didn't really have room for it and I knew Mrs. S had been on the hunt for one so naturally she was who I called. We helped them set it up and later she had pictures up on FB and it looks fabulous I'm so happy that I was able to help her get a piece of furniture she'd been wanting :) Saturday evening I was supposed to attend a bridal shower but decided instead to attend the Mrs. Oklahoma pageant with Mrs. G and support my good friend Sasha who was competing. Sasha did great she placed in the top ten and won contestant's choice and the ambassador award.


Sunday we had Sunday school class and church, then after church we went and spent some time with Mr. A's mom his dad is in Florida so she is all by herself. She made a beautiful hand upholstered ottoman for us and presented it to us for our new home yesterday I'm giddily excited about it. I'll get pics once our living room is presentable right now it's over run with boxes of cake decorating instructor materials.

After we visited with Mr. A's mom we headed over to a furniture store we'd been eyeing and checked out their dining room tables Mr. A and are in the market for a new table as ours is about to fall apart it was mine from my apartment in college and it's been through heck. We found one we like and will hopefully be purchasing in the next few months. We understand that waiting to get what we want instead of purchasing something to fill the space will make us more satisfied with our purchase so for now it will wait.

Something I don't think I've mentioned on here is that I took on the adult role in the children's musical our church is putting on May 2nd. I've been busy memorizing lines in my spare time and I think by the time the performance gets here my co-workers will be sick of hearing the musical playing on my i-pod at work :)

I hope everyone had a fabulous weekend.


Later Alligators...

Mrs. A

4 comments:

Lindsey said...

I love furniture shopping, it makes me feel so married!

Alissa said...

Your cake decorating classes in the future here sound so fun. I wish I could take them. I bet you're going to be a great instructor.

Laura@The Oily Cupboard said...

i agree w/lindsey...i love furniture shopping...i love imaging how rooms would look! thankfully my hubs does too!

Lauren said...

Yeah for furniture shopping! That was one of our favorite parts of getting a house!