Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Thanksgiving Recap and Festive Friday!

Our Thanksgiving Day was fabulous to say the least we split the day between families and even made time to spend with some sweet friends who don't have family in the state. We ate to the brim and when it came time to go around the table to say what we were thankful for. It wasn't hard to see how truly blessed we all are. Mr. A and I are truly thankful we've found a church home we can grow in and amazing friends that encourage us to challenge ourselves in our faith. What a great day to remember all we have to be thankful for and my mom got to enjoy it with us but more on that in a minute.

Mr. A and I are certainly not Black Friday shoppers. I am a big baby when it comes to crowds and the idea of standing in line for hours only to be pushed and shoved by people doesn't really appeal to me I'd be sitting on the floor covering my head and bawling. So we decided to create our own traditions instead of Black Friday we celebrate Festive Friday we get up early and clean the apartment and get all the fall decorations put away. Then we drag out the Christmas decorations put on some Christmas music and get to work making our apartment look all festive once the tree is up and the outside lights are up. We enjoy some fresh baked cookies and mint hot chocolate and discussing our Christmas calendar and what we have going on in the month of December. Our first married Christmas we spent the whole night laying on the floor looking at the tree and discussing each of our families Christmas traditions and what ones we wanted to carry on with our family and we came up with a definitive list. I love that we took the time to do that and to write all of these special things down so they won't be forgotten over the years.

Anyway on to the pictures.

christmas3

Those wooden angels were a wedding gift from friends of Mr. A's parents who've known him since he was a baby. They are handmade one of a kind and I just love them.

christmas 1

our pretty tree with all the ornaments from Mr. A's and my childhood our mom's got together and gave them all to us at our wedding shower. It's so special each year to pull out the ornaments and remember all the things those ornaments represent. Mr. A and I have a few of our own together one from Our First Christmas and a few from our honeymoon in Albuquerque.


Christmas 2

our balcony the curtains our open so you can see the tree shining through I just love it.

christmas4

coffee table centerpeice.

I get really irritated with our tiny apartment but I do love Christmas time and how the light of the tree is enough to create a beautiful glow around the room.

Merry Christmas everyone.

6 comments:

A Wedding Story said...

Your tree looks so beautiful. Especially with the big window space framing it!

Brittney Galloway said...

The tree is gorgeous! Isn't it so neat to see both of your traditions blended? I really like the idea of Festive Friday- I might have to take the idea from you!

Lindsey said...

Your tree is so pretty!!

Lauren said...

Beautiful decorations! I love having a mix of ornaments on the tree!

Jax said...

How freaking gorgeous is that tree in the window like that?! IT"S AMAZING! Love it! Such sweet memories -the wooden candlesticks and some of your ornaments from your honeymoon.. That makes it all the more special. :)

Anonymous said...

Wow, I love your Christmas decorations! I also love, love, love the wooden angels, how pretty! Love the Christmas tree! Have a Blessed Day!