Monday, December 17, 2007

Being married

Everytime I turn around it seems someone is asking me "how's married life" well I always answer the same I absolutely adore it. Oh sure my husband and I have our moments and our silly little fights that all newlyweds have but it's never anything I can't look back and laugh about a few hours later. My husband and I are both perfectionists which makes for some interesting tasks being taken on. An example is yesterday we put up our Christmas lights outside and we did it probably the most difficult way possible because we wanted it to be the most aesthetically pleasing.
I love coming home from work and snuggling with my husband on the couch, cooking dinner together, then doing the dishes together, and I tell you what there is nothing sexier than the man I married doing chores around the house. I love cuddling with him at night, and I love that he wakes me up from bad dreams and just holds me until I go back to sleep. I love how everything we do is a team effort. I love how when I think things are getting tough he reassures me that we will be fine. I consider myself a very lucky girl to have found such an amazing man to spend my life with.
Plus being married really suits me I seem to really take to settling in and being a wife. I just adore how everything is a first again once you're married. I love getting Christmas cards in the mail with our married name on them. I love hearing someone call me Mrs., and I love signing our Christmas cards. Mr. & Mrs. I am looking forward to the new year and starting our first full year as man and wife. I can't wait to experience life as a married girl. I am looking forward to our first married valentines day, the first day of spring, the summer, my birthday and many other events of the year.
In other news the wedding this past weekend was just beautiful and my husband looked so handsome in his tux. Our roast was a huge success on Thursday and I can't wait to use my crock pot again. We did as I stated earlier get our outside lights up this weekend, as well as almost all our Christmas decorations now as soon as I straighten up the apt. I will take some pictures and post them for you. Also our Choir Christmas performance at church was very successful yesterday morning and we are looking forward to celebrating at the Christmas party on Friday. I can't believe Christmas is so close only 8 days away.
Coming up this week I have my Relay Committee Christmas party tomorrow night we have an ornament exchange planned should be fun. Then we have the young adult Christmas party on Wednesday night at our church, the Choir Christmas party on Friday night, Saturday we are looking forward to a day of rest no work, no weddings, no apt. to clean up. The menu this week consists of pizza casserole tonight which is another first, pork chops, and chicken of some sort I haven't decided yet. Details as to how the menu comes out later this week. I am hoping the week goes by fast since this weekend is 4 days long. Also my husband and I have some Christmas shopping to do. So updates on how that goes as well.

No comments: