Tuesday, January 15, 2008

SO PUMPED

Ok so last night's class was AMAZING. It is so great to combine two things that I really adore. Our Bible study is on Esther which is by far one of my favorite books in the Bible. I tell you what she was one incredible woman to have endured everything that she did. My mother in law is such a great leader and I love her kind nature in the way she teaches it was truly a blessing. We are making sheppard's pie next week and I am so excited. This is really going to be a fun, educational time that I really think I'll look forward to every week. YAY a reason to make Monday's not so horrible.
In other news I am making pork chops tonight and I am excited about it especially with my new found freedom in cooking.
So I think it's time for an update on all my projects/goals I set at the beginning of the month.

1. stay positive with my job: you know what how you feel about something really is directly affected by how you react to different situations. I now feel like I am a strong contributing part of my business, and that what I do matters. This excites me.

2. Focus on the positive in my life: this is such an easy thing to do whenever I take a good look around me and see all the good things that are right in front of me, oh sure I've had my moments of doubt and self pity, but I know that I have more than most have or will ever find in their life, in that I have a wonderful loving family, a husband that I am truly deeply in love with, I am healthy (for the most part), and even though my finances aren't perfect I can pay my bills. These are things I should definitely be thankful for.

3. learn to sew: ok i haven't done a whole lot with this one other than I found a free e-book that outlines the basics. Hopefully I'll be able to really get going with this one before too long

4. become a better cook: how can I not become a better cook with such a great class on Monday nights.

5. be on time: well I was doing great til this morning, I woke up late because I fell asleep on the couch after having woken up, so I was late for work. Eak, but I really have been doing well other than today.

6. stay organized: I think I'm doing pretty well here, I organize my desk before I leave each night, I make my bed every morning if I can remember which has been a lot lately, and the dishes get done as soon as meals are over so all in all not terrible but definitely could do more.

7. strive to make our apt. a comfortable and loving home: I think I'm still learning exactly what this means, but I am starting to realize it is not something you can create but something that must be felt in the heart.

8. take up scrapbooking more regularly: I haven't gotten to do this as much as I would like but I have gotten a good start on some wedding lay outs I can't wait to really dig deep into it one of these weekends.

9. do cardio twice a week: well I have been playing outside with Missy in the mornings but that's about it I definitely need to step up my game on this one.

10. finish wedding scrapbook by April: I really need to get going if I want to finish by April I only have 3 lay outs done and no pictures yet.

Well I think I'm doing ok with my new year's goals but not great I could definitely be doing better. Sometimes I just wish there were more hours in the day, or at least that I needed less sleep. Oh well I'll update again in a few weeks.
Thanks for reading my self check up and evaluation.

Mrs. A

No comments: