Wednesday, January 2, 2008

Updates, and Goals

Well let's see Christmas was absolutely fantastic and I loved every minute of it however I am glad the Holidays are over. Last year was the first year I was a last minute shopper and I have to say never again I enjoy getting my shopping done early I have more time to be creative that way. We had an awesome get together on Christmas eve that went off without a hitch it was our first time to host together in our home with our things it was very low key just snacks and things but even if I do say so myself I think we did a pretty darn good job. I have no pictures to show so you'll just have to take my word for it that it was great. After our get together Jeremy and I watched "Love Actually" which is sort of a Christmas movie. Christmas day we spent running here there and everywhere and eating way too much. We got and gave some lovely gifts. The rest of the week I actually had to work but I spent the time since it was very slow organizing my office and getting ready for 2008. It was nice to know that even though I had to come back to work today I came into a clean ready for the new year office. I got another 4 day weekend for New Years and spent the time cleaning up the Christmas decorations and getting everything back to normal, cooking up some new recipes, salisbury steak for one which I have to say was one of my best, and then rosemary chicken which was also very good. Jeremy and I bought a spice rack with one of our gift cards over the break and it has been great.

Ok as promised top ten 2008 Goals.

1. Do not let my job stress me out.
I am very bad about letting negative situations at my job stress me out, to the point that I just break down. I refuse to let that happen this year.

2. see the positive in every situation.
Sometimes life throws us curveballs, but hey I of all people should know sometimes they truly can be blessings I mean I locked my keys in my car the day I met my now husband.

3. learn to sew
This is something I have wanted to do for a long time so I am just going to do it and quit saying I'll do it later.

4. become a better cook
I want so bad to be a fantastic cook so I will continue to learn all I can about the art.

5. be on time
I have a little habit of being ten minutes late to everything, I want to stop this.

6. stay organized
I have gotten everything pretty organized lately but usually towards June or July I begin to not care about my organization, I will not slack on my organization mid year this year.

7. strive to make our apt. a comfortable and loving home
I want my home to be a place filled with laughter and love.

8. take up one new hobby
scrapbooking will be this hobby I have always loved journaling and taking pictures so I am going to combine the two I have already started and my goal is to not give up on it.

9. do cardio at least twice a week
I am going to make myself at least walk twice a week my body cannot take me being out of shape I will be sick all the time, and never have any energy unless I do something about it.

10.finish wedding scrapbook by Mid April
I want to have a pretty album to showcase to family and friends.

Ok there are my 2008 goals, our New Years Eve was wonderful low key and quiet we at dinner watched movies, toasted to the new year and fell asleep. New Year's day we spent at our honorary Oklahoma grandparents house playing dominoes it was fun. I am ready and excited for 2008 I think it's going to be a great year. I have already started working on my plans for Valentines Day and I am so excited.

in upcoming post a few pics from Christmas and all the December events.

No comments: