Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Cotton... the fabric of our lives

Well hello there bloggie world sorry I've been gone so long we had a great anniversary and then life just got really busy. But I'm back now ready to delight you with tales from our Cotton Anniversary. PS sorry I could not resist the pun on the title he he!!

Well anyway Mr. A and I had a fabulous anniversary we both decided we wanted to celebrate our anniversary on our anniversary so we took off Tuesday the 20th and just for fun the following day too.

We started our day by sleeping late on our cotton sheets and then exchanging cotton gifts I got 2 beautiful hand crafted cotton roses and a big beautiful bouquet of fall flowers including my fave gerbera daisies. Mr. A got a new blanket and a book which wasn't cotton but I knew he'd enjoy it. Then we headed out to downtown OKC and just took in the sites we toured the bombing memorial walked along the riverwalk and pretty much played tourist in our own city.


This my friends is why I adore fall in Oklahoma:

IMG_0889

after we were finished playing tourist we headed to pick up our keys to our private cottage we were staying in that night and then to dinner at the restaurant where we had our first date.


our sad attempt at a self portrait outside of the restaurant on the bench where we sat and waited on our first date Mr. A tells me often that the time we spent waiting outside snuggling close cause it was freezing outside was the moment he knew I'd be in his life for a long time he tells me "I just fit perfectly in his arms" cue sappy music and altogether now "awww"

cotton anniversary


the cottage we loved it:

IMG_1020

IMG_0965

IMG_0962


IMG_0968

everyone should have a bath tub in the living room don't you think?

IMG_0964


Mr. A on the private screened in porch and why yes that is a private sauna and hot tub on the porch!!

IMG_0985

pouring the champagne into our toasting flutes:

cotton anniversary

the boy never smiles :(

IMG_0995

toasting to 2 years not giving the peace sign

Cotton Anniversary 2

trying to get an artistic shot:

IMG_1010

we continued our celebration Thursday night cheering on the Thunder in a pre-season game with friends:

Thunder 2

Thunder 1

Well that does it for anniversary re-cap it was great and I already can't wait for the next one but in the meantime Mr. A's birthday is coming up soon. Hope everyone is having a fantastic week!!

Later Alligators....

Mrs. A

14 comments:

Jax said...

So cute! Happy happy happy anniversary to an adorable couple! I love that little cottage, too! I didnt know the OKC area even had stuff like that! Would love to know the company or whatever! :) Love the cotton stuff, too.. cute. :) Glad to see you back, girly.

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

YAYAY -- the photos for your anniversary look amazing! Wish I could have gone -- haha jk!

Just Add Walter said...

aww, yay! happy anniversary... here's to many more years together!!

Ann said...

Happy Anniversary ...

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

happy anniversary! It looks like so much fun!!! I love the cottage idea, definitely right up the hubs and my alley!

Mrs. Lukie said...

Sounds like the PERFECT little getaway for an anniversary! Happy Anniversary...and love the cute cotton gifts :)

leah @maritalbless said...

What a great anniversary! Love the private screened porch and hot tub!

I lol'd at the 2 years rather than peace sign! Nice clarification!

Jen said...

what a perfect weekend!!!!!

i am jealous! You're own private cottage!? LOVE IT!

Hope every weekend feels like an adventure for you all!

Jen

B said...

so glad you were able to celebrate 2 years in fashion.

that yellow shirt is adorable. where is it from?

Jax said...

Thanks so much for sharing the place where ya stayed! I saved your comment in my email folders to keep for a weekend away sometime with Eric.. maybe around Valentines or when he gets done with the CPA! :)

Brittney Galloway said...

Hey there! Just found your blog and I love your header picture! It's just amazing! Happy Anniversary!

A Nerd and A Free Spirit said...

Hey - Thanks for stopping by! (: Cute blog - looks like you guys had a super fun trip! Yay!!!

~Kathryn

Rachel H. said...

Looks like you guys had such a great anniversary! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love having new followers, and I'll stay connected to your blog, as well. It's great!

Swapna Raghu Sanand said...

I was totally dazzled seeing your amazing pics. I showed it to my friend at work and she too was admiring you in the yellow dress. You look so beautiful.