Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Wedded Wednesday Keeping it light





Sometimes when Mr. A and I have an argument we wind up laughing about it and usually having a pillow fight. There are so many little things in our relationship that make it well us. Yesterday we both had rough days at work and were in grouchy moods and whatever reason we wound up taking it out on each other and sitting in silence for a good part of the evening. But when it came time for bed all it took was one little innocent (ok not so innocent) toss of the pillow and it was on like Donkey Kong we had a huge pillow fight even Missy our lab joined in on the fun. My point is it doesn't matter what you're upset about a good pillow fight or ticklefest or any sort of light hearted gesture does a lot to make things better. I came away from that ridiculous pillow fight grinning from ear to ear at my silly husband. Now just don't ask who won the pillow fight cause we'll disagree again.

What are some silly things you and your significant other do to lighten the mood when things are tense?

Later Alligators...

Mrs. A

6 comments:

Lauren said...

Love this! I have to agree..most of the time Hubby eventually looks at me and says "Ok...this is stupid, let's move on!" I'm still working on the moving on part! ;o)

Kelsey @ Seattle Smith's said...

I love this too! My husband normally just ends of saying something to make us realize it is petty!! ***note, I am the stubborn one!!

Jen | Our Life Accounts said...

haha, what a great idea! Both the husband and I are so competitive that it turns into an all out war and then someone gets hurt...usually me...and then I get mad, lol! I'm definitely workign with myself to recognize when I just need to let it go, hold my tongue and move on!

Julie S. said...

We have pillow fights sometimes as well, or we race to bed and whoever is last has to lock the doors, shut out the lights, etc. Then we just forget about it and move on.

Llama said...

I can totally relate! Its all about breaking "that mood," sometimes by acting silly we both realize we are being silly! love it!

leah @maritalbless said...

HAH! I've never once had a pillow fight with Tony, but I'm sure it would lighten the mood!