Wednesday, October 22, 2008

baby it's cold outside, and promise kept.

Holy Cow I think Oklahoma went straight from end of summer to winter last night. It's in the low 50's today and supposed to freeze tonight. Ahh gotta love Oklahoma for the random weather changes. Change is all around us even on my blog I finally have a pretty background like other bloggers, and I even got ambitious last night and added a music player. Needless to say for a blogger novice I felt pretty accomplished. Hopefully I'll have even more changes to my blog facelift coming.

AS PROMISED MY 101 in 1001 List

Here's the Criteria:
The Mission:
Complete 101 preset tasks in a period of 1001 days.


Why 1001 Days?
Many people have created lists in the past - frequently simple goals such as New Year's resolutions. The key to beating procrastination is to set a deadline that is realistic. 1001 Days (about 2.75 years) is a better period of time than a year, because it allows you several seasons to complete the tasks, which is better for organizing and timing some tasks such as overseas trips or outdoor activities.


My list is personal and I hesitated to post it but the truth of the matter is if I am held accountable to myself then I will push forward on these tasks.
I welcome failure if I don't succeed I will try again until I do but I feel this is a nice way to chronicle what is my journey at this point in my life.


If the goal is in italics it means it's in progress.
One I begin to complete things I'll write it out to the side.
Enjoy.
my start date was October 20, 2008 I felt our one year anniversary was a great time to begin making new goals.

Because making and preserving memories means so much:
1. get my wedding album made
2. take pictures of Jeremy and I together once a month
3. create a flickr account to upload pictures to-(Completed 10/21/2008)
4. make our honeymoon and first years scrapbook

Because Education is such a blessing:
5. complete my degree in culinary management
6. read 3 books every 3 months
7. take a class just for fun
8. join a toastmasters club
9. watch 3 documentaries

Because making a difference counts:
10. vote in presidential election (completed 11/04/08)
11. voluntter at local food bank
12. take the time to write senators about important issues
13. follow presidential coverage
14. watch at least 2 debates
15. vote in all local matters

Because being healthy is good for the heart:
16. Take Missy for walks in park once a month
17. find a doctor and have yearly check ups and take preventative health measures
18. Work on my posture
19. try to replace regular milk with Silk
20. try tilapia
21. get body fat percentage under 15%
22. go to gym twice a week
23. eliminate processed sugar from my diet
24. start eating clean
25. take a daily vitamin everyday for 6 months
26. reduce soda intake to twice a week
27. replace fatty snacks with fruits and vegetables
28. moisturize skin daily
29. wear glasses once a week to let eyes rest from contact lenses
30. wear flats twice week to work instead of my usual sky high heels
31. wear comfy shoes to work and change once there twice a week

Because money management makes sense:
32. install quicken on my laptop and use it instead of trying to write everything-done
33. Buy a home
34. invest money wisely in the stock market starting May 2009
35. for one week pay for everything in cash
36. sell old formal gowns on Pageant Resale site-done
37. take lunch from home 4 times per week

Because is friendship is the foundation for a fulfilling life:
38. find a nice place to go with friends on a regular basis-done
39. make one solid new friendship I'm actually on my way to making 2
40. have a girl's night once every other month

Because we set goals in our marriage:
41. fix up our apartment
42. travel out of the country
43. host a dinner party

Because I love my husband:
44. write a handwritten just because note to Jeremy once a month
45. pray for our marriage daily
46. take walks with Jeremy once every week
47. buy Jeremy a nice present for his birthday (completed bought him a nice watch)
48. establish a no TV hour once a week-we're not doing so hot
49. watch at least one football game per month with Jeremy

Because faith must be nourished:
50. begin a daily Bible study and keep it up for one year
51. go on a mission trip
52. become a prayer warrior
53. find a church we love
54. join the choir at our new church
55. learn 3 new contemporary worship songs for piano every 6 months.
56. read through the Bible chronologically
57. Be a witness to one lost soul

Because home cooking is better than fast food:
58. cook foods I am afraid of
59. prepare for culinary school by attempting homemade bread
60. go to a wine tasting
61. sample a new wine every 6 months
62. limit eating out to once per week
63. create a signature dessert
64. plan meals every week

Because a happy home is an organized home:
65. establish a plan for purchasing new furniture a little at a time
66. purchase a filing cabinet for home records-done January 2009
67. start a binder with ideas for our future home (complete 11/12/08)
68. make the bed every day
69. clean out vehicle every 3 months
70. create a home management binder-done March 2009
71. work on creating a craft area in apartment -plan in place May 2009
72. buy a printer-done February 2009

Because human kindness at times can feel like it's been forgotten:
73. pay for the person behind me in drive through on ten different occasions 1/10 complete.
74. replace all negative thoughts about myself with positive ones about others
75. do a random act of kindness once every month

Going green, because our planet is important:
76. buy reuseable grocery bags-done March 2009
77. begin recycling-plan in place with kitchen redo in apt.
78. unplug all appliances when not in use


Because creativity counts:
79. create a new I-Pod playlist every 3 months
80. make 5 homemade gifts for each holiday season
81. create a unique date night for Jeremy and I once every 3 months (went ice skating 11/14/08), went rock climbing 02/08/2009,

Because making others happy warms the heart:
82. cook dinner for a family and take it to them on 3 different occasions
83. offer to babysit my neices at least once a month
84. take my mom to a Thunder game-done February 2009
85. throw a party for my sister on her birthday-didn't do it
86. host a shower for someone

Because I should love what I do:
87. try to thoroughly enjoy my new job-(not happening I'm so bored)
88. don't let my job take over my life again(definitely succeeding)
89. be diligent with all tasks assigned to me at work
90. implement a no gossip policy at work

because every girl needs a few frivolous goals in her life:
91. get a massage- done 03/29/2009
92. get a facial
93. take a make up class
94. find and buy that perfect little black dress-done April 2009
95. get a passport
96. blog every day for one month(I'm never going to accomplish this)
97. give my blog a facelift(I do this a couple times a month)
98. run a 5K
99. To be determined by December 25, 2009
100.To be determined by February 14, 2010
101. once this 101 list is complete create a new one

Well there you have it some of my goals are frivolous some are simply things I need to be doing anyway but haven't been. Some are going to be harder to track than others but that's ok. This list is uniquely mine and I won't lie it took about 3 weeks to create the list edit and finalize it.
But there you have it expect updates weekly on my progress.

Hopefully this will inspire you to create your own 101 in 1001 list.

COMING SOON: pictures from the pre-season OKC Thunder game Jeremy and I attended, pics from our anniversary, and more on the seasons changing, church news, and of course 101 in 1001 updates.


Mrs. A

3 comments:

Nicky said...

Good job Ginger! I'm going to have to make one now.

Ginger said...

you absolutely should make a one I discovered a lot about myself when I allowed myself to be completely honest about what I wanted to accomplish. Good luck. I hope you post it on your blog :)

leah @maritalbless said...

I love the blog makeover! And how you segmented your list!