As the calendar turns to May I find myself realizing I am less than a month a way from being 24. I know, I know I'm a young'un. But seriously I'm having a little trouble turning 24 it means I've only got one year to 25 and there's so many things I want to accomplish before I turn 25. I realize that is not old by any stretch of the imagination but to me it just feels unbelievable that I'm rounding the corner to my mid-late 20's I'm no longer a young 20 something I'm a middle 20 something and soon I'll be a late 20's something. My priorities in life are changing and things that I used to really care about I just don't anymore. So in honor of my one month to my 24th birthday mark, here's 5 things I've learned over the last 23 years and 5 things I'm still working on.
1. people are going to disappoint you, you just have to accept it move on and still try to see the good in all of it.
2. God's plans are so much bigger than you ever imagined
3. life is full of setbacks it's what you do when faced with those setbacks that molds your character
4. people are more concerned with themselves than anything else in the entire world
5. once you find people in life worth hanging on to don't let go you'll regret it
things I'm still learning
1. to focus on things that make me a complete person and not just what I "think" is right
2. that not everyone fits a specific mold and it's ok to be different
3. that first impressions are not always correct because a lot of people put up walls until they feel they can trust you
4. that making the best out of less than ideal situations is an art that when accomplished can be really beautiful
5. that everyone feels inferior to someone else no matter how confident they may seem
Sometimes I stop and sit back and really think about where my life has taken me and I am amazed at the twists and turns I have taken to wind up where I am today. Had I not left school I wouldn't have met my wonderful, amazing husband, and I probably wouldn't be contemplating a culinary career, I know I wouldn't have met some of the most amazing people that are in my life, I know I'm right where I'm supposed to be even if it there are moments I have a hard time understanding that.
Does anybody else have a hard time with birthdays occassionally or am I just weird?