Thursday, May 21, 2009

baking away

vanilla bean cupcakes with cinnamon cream cheese icing.

vanilla bean cupcake recipe from GroupRecipes.com

Ingredients

* 2 cups flour
* 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
* 1 cup sugar
* 1 vanilla bean, cut length-wise
* 3/4 cup milk
* 1 egg, at room temperature
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons baking powder


Directions

1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk and vanilla bean together until the milk just boils. Remove from heat and let cool for about 1 hour. Then remove the vanilla bean. Scrape out the seeds from the vanilla bean and add them to the milk. Discard the remaining bean pod. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350. In a medium bowl, whisk together the salt, flour and baking powder. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg and beat well. Alternately add the flour and milk mixture until well combined. Divide batter into about 20 lined or greased cupcake wells. Bake 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the middle cupcake comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack and then ice.



cinnamon cream cheese filling/icing from Wilton:

ngredients:

* 1 pkg (8 ounces) cream cheese softened
* 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/4 cup milk

Makes: About 1 1/2 cups.
Cinnamon Sugar Cream Cheese Filling

+ View Larger

instructions

In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and milk. Beat with mixer until well blended. Refrigerate until ready to use. Fill cupcake. Refrigerate until ready to serve. (note: I doubled this recipe because I filled my cupcakes and iced them with the same icing)


IMG_0509

these were a hit with my co-workers.

I love my mixer so much.

IMG_0468

please excuse the no make up, hair in a pony tail, yoga pants, and sunglasses I was playing outside with my dog.


Last night I was on such a high from making some awesome cupcakes tonight I'm feeling like a monumental failure.

I mis-measured some ingredients.

It's not my fault though look at the measuring cups I was trying to read. I think I've finally convinced Jeremy that I need some new ones since I'm pretty sure I've had these since college.

IMG_0512

Anyway hopefully my cake will still come out but we shall see :(

Oh well I still lurve my kitchenaid :D

Later Alligators.....

Mrs. A

No comments: