Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Thanksgiving baking update & What's going on up there Wednesday

1 pie down 1 pie, and 1 cake to go.

My pecan pie turned out beautifully, yes I took pictures and will post them as soon as I am back at home with my own computer.

I think I discovered the secret to cooking success for me. See my true problem with cooking is I get bored and go watch TV and do other things while cooking. So last night I grabbed my i-pod and put it in my arm band that I wear at the gym I put it on while I was cooking and I had my tunes to keep me entertained. It was great and I had a blast my pie looks awesome smells awesome and the filling tasted awesome before it was baked! YAY cooking success.
Now we'll see if I feel the same way tonight after more baking but right now I'm feeling all domesticated. :)

I probably won't write tomorrow so I hope everyone has a wonderfully blessed day tomorrow.



In place of my usual Bible study discussion I decided in honor of the Holiday I would list the things I am most thankful for. I am reminded of God's goodness everyday and although there are things in my world I would definitely change I have so much to be thankful for. Tomorrow morning in prayer time I plan on praising God for all He does for me.

My thankfulness list:

1. First and foremost I am thankful I have an ever growing relationship with God

2. I am thankful for my family and the love they all have for me. Especially for my wonderful husband. Even after having been married for a year I still don't have a clue why he chose me.

3. I am Thankful for both of us having jobs we enjoy and excel at in today's scary economy I know it's becoming a rarity that both people in a relationship truly enjoy their jobs or for that matter for both people to even have jobs. God offered me an out of a really terrible situation this year and the blessings I have gained since starting work in my new office have been tremendous.

4. I am thankful for friendship in person or over the internet and the connection that comes with sharing your life with others

5. I am thankful for my crazy labrador Missy who puts a smile on my face every time I come home from a hectic day.

6. I am thankful we have a place to live it may not be everything we want but I also know that we have more than a lot of people in the world.

7. I am thankful for health and the ability to do the things I enjoy.

8. I am thankful for the beauty of the Holiday season and the feelings that come with it.

9. I am thankful that I have discovered so much about myself this past year and that God is continually showing me His will for my life.

10. last but not least I am thankful for this blog that has connected me to so many amazing people and allowed me to express myself openly to the world. It's nice to know my thoughts are heard even if only by a few.

I'm sure I've left someone or something off of this list. But the truth is when I sit down and truly think about what I'm thankful for the realization comes to me that there isn't really anything in my life I'm not thankful for. I am thankful even for the negative moments because they usually hold a lesson in life that I might not learn otherwise. God is good and I forget that so easily I hope that I remember through out the Holiday season and into 2009 that I am so blessed and when life gets me down I will try to do as the old hymn says "Count Your Blessings name them one by one, count your blessings and it will surprise you what the Lord has done"
I love that hymn it's one of my favorites that I always come back to especially on Thanksgiving.


Happy Thanksgiving


From a very blessed,
Mrs. A

No comments: